Facebook Twitter

Information for Providers

Woman helping child

Help Create a Brighter Future for Children and Young Adults with Serious Emotional Disorders in West Vir​ginia

There is demand across the State for more provide​rs, staff who work for providers, and independent evaluators to meet the emotional needs of West Virginia children and young adults who have qualified for Children with Serious Emotional Disorder Waiver (CSEDW) services.

As a CSEDW provider or an independent evaluator, you will provide vital services that help improve the lives of West Virginia children and young adults with serious emotional disorders.


CSEDW services are provided by a team of professionals and natural supports to “wrap around” a child or youth and their family in their home and community to help meet their needs.​​

Services that may be covered include:

  • Wraparound facilitation (case management) to support the child/youth/young adult, family, and caregivers
  • Individual and family therapy
  • ​In-home support services to use concepts introduced by the therapist
  • Support for people between the ages of 15 to 20 for independent living/skills building
  • Support for people between the ages of 18 to 21 as they move from living in a facility to living in a house or an apartment with others
  • Individual specialized therapy or assistive equipment
  • Support for people between the ages of 15 to 21 for job development services providing learning and work experiences
  • Short-term relief for primary caregivers through respite

The services use a high-fidelity wraparound delivery model. To learn more about wraparound services and training for providers, please visit the West Virginia Wraparound Training Center.

1 U.S. Department of Education​

Nearly 20,000 children in West Virginia have some type of serious emotional disorder

quoteThe CSEDW Program empowers providers to better assist WV families. Through an innovative, individual, and evidence-based approach, providers can navigate mental health challenges while supporting the family in home and community environments.quote

– Current CSEDW Provider Staff Member​​​

How To Become A CSEDW Provider

Aetna Better Health of West Virginia, the current contractor that manages the CSEDW provider network, is accepting applications now. For additional information, visit Aetna Better Health of West Virginia.​

  1. • Be designated as a Licensed Behavioral Health Center (LBHC) in West Virginia.
    • Apply and receive a Certificate of Need (CON) or exemption for any new proposed healthcare service in West Virginia through the West Virginia Health Care Authority.

    Please contact the West Virginia Health Care Authority at 304-558-7000 or visit the West Virginia Health Care Authority's website​ for more information and steps needed.

  2. Obtain a signed contract with the current Managed Care Organization (MCO).

  3. Notify the West Virginia Department of  Human Services (DoHS) Office of Health Facility Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC) about adding CSEDW services to ensure no changes to your agency’s license are needed or to apply for a be​havioral health center license.

    Contact OHFLAC at 304-558-0050 or visit the OHFLAC website​

  4. Be a Medicaid provider and be designated as a CSEDW provider.

    To sign up or change your provider enrollment to add CSEDW, contact Gainwell Technologies at 888-483-0792 or visit wvmmis.com.​​​​​​​​


For more information or questions about becoming a provider, contact Jennifer Eva, CSEDW Senior Project Manager, at 304-533-8300 or email evaj@aetna.com.



How To Become A CSEDW Independent Evaluator

Psychological Consultants & Assessment, Inc. is the current contractor responsible for the Independent Evaluator Network (IEN). For additional information, please visit Psychological Consultants & Assessment, Inc.​

The Independent Evaluator Network (IEN) is a group of clinicians who evaluate applicants who may be eligible for the CSEDW program.

To participate in the Independent Evaluator Network (IEN), you must:​

  1. • Be a licensed psychologist or license-eligible psychologist who is supervised by another psychologist currently in the IEN, or
    • Be a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW), or
    • Be a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) who has experience evaluating children and adolescents with serious emotional disorders.

  2. Complete the IEN training provided by Psychological Consultation & Assessment, Inc. (the current Medical Eligibility Contracted Agency).​

  3. Be a Medicaid provider and accept Medicaid reimbursement rates.

    If you are not already a Medicaid provider in WV and would like additional information, Gainwell Technologies at 888-483-0792 or visit wvmmis.com​.​

  4. Be under NO contractual obligation with any agency that provides waiver services to CSEDW or who provides services to any of the other West Virginia waiver programs.​​​​​

For more information, contact Psychological Consultation & Assessment, Inc. and Kerri Linton, MA, LPC, Program Director, at klinton@pcasolutions.com or Kristen Blanks, MA, Program Manager, at kblanks@pcasolutions.com or call 304-776-7230.​​​


​​​Provider Resources​​​​​​​​