West Virginia

Department of
Health & Human Resources

DHHR to Host Public Hearing on Proposed Source Water Protection Plans for City of Milton and Town of West Hamlin

The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Bureau for Public Health’s Office of Environmental Health Services will hold a public hearing on Monday, September 12, 2016, to discuss draft Source Water Protection Plans for the City of Milton and the Town of West Hamlin.

The intent of a Source Water Protection Plan is to identify strategies to minimize potential threats to source water and prepare for spills or other emergencies that could affect water service. If approved, the Plan would be valid for three years.

The public hearing will be held on Monday, September 12, 2016, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., at the City of Milton Town Hall, 1139 Smith Street, Milton, WV.

Public comments, which will be considered by DHHR during the review process, may be submitted during the September 12, 2016 hearing or in writing by September 26, 2016 via mail, fax or email. Written comments should include the name, address and telephone number of the writer and a concise statement of the nature of the issues being raised. Issues should be kept relevant to the draft plan.

Persons interested in submitting comments may do so by using one of the following means: 
• U.S. Mail: West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources, Bureau for Public Health, Office of Environmental Health, 350 Capitol Street, Room 313, Charleston, WV 25301-   3713 Attn: Source Water Protection Program
• Fax: 304-558-4322 with “Protection Plan Comments” written near the top
• Email: EEDSourceWaterProtection@wv.gov with “Protection Plan Comments” in the subject line
Questions regarding how to submit comments for the public hearing may be directed to (304) 356-4270.

Public copies of the Source Water Assessment Plans will be available at the Region 2 Planning and Development Council website: www.region2pdc.org/.

Contact Information

Media contact: DHHRCommunications@wv.gov or (304) 558-7899