Telephonic Communication Device Loan Program
WVCDHH is dedicated to ensuring that deaf and hard of hearing West Virginia residents have equal access to communication. Through a federal program, individuals that utilize American Sign Language can apply for a video phone free of charge through various companies. However, WVCDHH recognizes that a video phone does not meet the needs of all deaf and hard of hearing individuals, and offers alternative equipment through a loan program to meet those needs.
- Recommended for hard of hearing.
- Speaker is significantly amplified to assist those with hearing loss. Phones also feature large display and amplified ringer and speaker phone feature.
- Recommended for severely hard of hearing.
- Individuals are able to speak through the handset as they normally would. Auditory messages are captioned and displayed on the unit.
- Currently offering: CapTel 840 Plus
- Recommended for deaf/speech difficulties.
- Users type their messages on a keyboard attached to the unit. Auditory messages are received visually through text.
**Please check with the office to confirm availability of this device.