Child Residential Services

Residential Child Care Licensing

The Residential Child Care Licensing unit will help simplify and enforce the Secretary of Health and Human Resource's duties to license and monitor child group residential facilities and child placing agencies to assure children are receiving the best care possible as outlined in the West Virginia State Code §49-2B


If you are looking for a residential placement for a child, please visit the West Virginia Child Placement Network​ Child Placement Network.PNG



The West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources operates a 25 bed residential facility for youth ages 12-18 years old.  For more information please go to The West Virginia Children's Home.


If you are interested in operating a residential placement or a child placing agency for a child, please see the Residential Child Care and Child Placing Licensing Documents. 


Residential Child Care and Child Placing Licensing Contacts

Terri S. Miller
Program Manager I
Institution Investigative Unit &
Residential Child Care Licensing
69 16th Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
(304) 232-4411 ext. 70745
Linda K. Phillips
Licensing Speciallist
Randolph County Office
1027 N. Randolph Ave.
Elinks, WV 26241
Phone: (304) 637-5560 ext. 2037
Fax: (304) 637-0391

Ed S. Waugh
Licensing Specialist
114 South High Street
P.O. Box 800
Morgantown, WV 25607
Phone: (304) 285-3175 ext. 71412
Fax: (304) 285-3174

Brooke Boston
Licensing Specialist
69-Sixteenth Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
Phone: (304)-232-4411 ext. 70710
Fax: (304) 232-4411

Melanie Murphy
Licensing Specialist
707 Professional Park Dr.
Summersville, WV 26651
Phone: (304) 872-0803 ext. 71686