Welcome to the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
Haz clic aquí para leer en español
Our new online application is available to anyone who wishes to apply for services for a child(ren) in their care or for a parent who may pay support. There is no fee for Child Support services. You must have a valid email address to use the online application. Paper applications are also available for printing below and at your local Child Support Office.
The WV BCSE offers a variety of services to help you to secure support from the parent(s) of the child. Some of the services available through the WV BCSE are:
- Locating the parent(s)
- Legally establishing paternity
- Establishing child support, establishing medical support and/or health insurance coverage
- Collecting support payments
- Enforcing a court order
- Reviewing and modifying the court order
Online Application Process
To use the Online Application, you will be redirected to the PATH portal. Click on the Online Application link below. You are required to create a username and password on the PATH portal. Select SIGN IN at the top of the screen in the PATH portal to create your new account or if you already have an account, sign in to complete an application. To create a new account, click on Create Optum GovID. If you need help using WV PATH, customer service will be available to assist you at 1-844-451-3515.
Please note, that in order to use this online application you must have a Social Security Number. If you do not have a Social Security Number, please download and complete the paper application.
- You will be notified by email once your online application has been processed.
- Please be prepared to verify certain information in order for your case to be processed. Failure to provide copies of these documents could delay the processing of your case.
Online Application Link
Paper Application Espanol
- If you do not have an email address or access to a computer, you may complete a paper application. Complete the application, read your Rights and Responsibilities, and then sign and date the application.
- Give your application to the nearest Child Support Office. A worker may call you for more information.
- Should you have further questions you may contact your local office or BCSE Customer Service Unit at 1-800-249-3778.
Find Local Office
Frequently Asked Questions: Applying for Child Support Benefits