Nutrition education is available to all WIC participants and family members.
The goals of nutrition education are:
To achieve a positive change in eating habits related to the participant's nutrition risks;
To teach the relationship between proper nutrition and good health;
To promote the optimal use of WIC supplemental foods and other nutritious foods; and
To provide nutrition education within the context of the ethnic and cultural preferences.
Online Nutrition Education Classes:
WIC participants may take Online Nutrition Education. Internet education may not be used in place of individual counseling at the certification visit or with high risk priority clients.
To complete a lesson on your smartphone or tablet: To complete a lesson on your computer:
- Find the "WICSmart" app. 1. Go to wicsmart.com or wicsmart.jpma.com.
- Download the app. 2. Select West Virginia as your agency.
- Click on the app and select West Virginia as your agency. 3. Continue with steps 4 - 8 as shown to the left.
- Enter your Family ID# (F00000000000).
- Click on login.
- Click on any module.
- Finish the module at your own pace. If you get interrupted, you can save the session. Click on the "save" button come back later to complete.
- Once you finish the module, you are done! No need to print or save anything. Your local WIC Program will let you know the next step.
To complete a lesson on your computer:
1. Click on the link above.
2. Once you complete the module, to get credit for completing the class:
- call your WIC clinic with the certificate number; OR
- bring in a printed certificate or a certificate number to your WIC clinic.