Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
State Agency Directory
Change Text Size
Data and Reports
High Blood Pressure
Division of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease
Well@Work WV Nutrition
During the past 12 months, the past 12 months, did your worksite...
29. Provide places to purchase food and beverages?
Eat Smart North Carolina Bring Fresh Produce to your Setting
WV Foods and Flavors Cookbook
30. Have a written policy or formal communication that makes healthier food and beverage choices available in cafeterias or snack bars?
How Huntington WV Is Restocking Its Future
American Heart Association (AHA) Healthy Vending Machines
AHA- Healthy Workplace Food and Beverage Toolkit
31. Have a written policy or formal communication that makes healthier food and beverage choices available in vending machines?
Kanawha County Is Making the Case for Healthy Vending
AHA- Healthy Food and Beverage Pledge
North Carolina’s Sample vending policy
CDC- Healthy Vending
32. Make most (more than 50%) of the food and beverage choices available in vending machines, cafeterias, snack bars, or other purchase points be healthier food items?
WVU Rethink Your Drink
National Alliance for Nutrition and Activity Resource
Healthy Vending Local Sample Policy
Provide nutritional information (beyond standard nutrition information on labels) on sodium, calories, trans fats, or saturated fats for foods and beverages sold in worksite cafeterias, snack bars, or other purchase points?
34. Identify healthier food and beverage choices with signs or symbols?
New York Food Service Guidelines: Supporting Healthy Worksites
35. Subsidize or provide discounts on healthier foods and beverages offered in vending machines, cafeterias, snack bars, or other purchase points?
Food Service Guidelines
36. Have a written policy or formal communication which makes healthier food and beverage choices available during meetings when food is served?
Eat SMART Healthy Meeting Guide
DHHR- Sample meeting policy
KISRA- Sample Meeting Policy
UC Berkeley- Healthy Meeting & Event Guide
37. Provide employees with food preparation and storage facilities?
Eat Smart Workbook- Designated Space and Equipment
38. Offer or promote an onsite or nearby farmers’ market where fresh fruits and vegetables are sold?
WV Farmers Market Directory
USDA- National Farmers Market Directory
Top 10 Reasons to Shop at a Farmers Market
How to Start a CSA Nutrition Incentive Program
39. Provide brochures, videos, posters, pamphlets, newsletters, or other written or online information that address the benefits of healthy eating?
USDA- My Plate Poster
Healthy Eating for an Active Lifestyle
How to Build a Healthy Eating Pattern
Shift to Healthier Food and Beverage Choices
Cut Down on Added Sugars
Cut Down on Sodium
40. Provide a series of educational seminars, workshops, or classes on nutrition?
AHA- Healthy Eating Resources
Eat Healthy, Be Active Community Workshops
Nutrition Decisions Webinars
Understanding Food Labels
WVU Extension: Healthy Lunches
41. Provide free or subsidized self management programs for healthy eating?
Eat Smart Month
Smart Fuel 10-week challenge
Eat Smart, Move More, Weigh Less
How to Eat Healthy without Dieting
Health Promotion and Chronic Disease
350 Capitol Street, Room 514
Charleston, WV 25301-3715