Frequently Asked Questions

​ Card Questions

How to Activate My P-EBT Card?
- P-EBT Cards can be activated by using the automated phone system (the easiest and quickest way) or online at
- For instructions and additional information click here.
Is There a Mobile App for P-EBT?
- Yes, we have both a Mobile App and Online Cardholder Portal option for cardholders.
- Visit to access the Online Cardholder Portal.
- Download the FIS ebtEDGE Mobile App on the Apple APP Store or through Google Play.
  • This is the ONLY approved app for WV Cardholders, please avoid all third-party mobile apps.
  • For more information on the approved mobile app click here.
Where Can I Use My P-EBT Card?
 - You can use your card to purchase food at any store that accepts EBT Cards.
 - Participating Framers Markets (Always ask market if they accept EBT before purchase).
 - Online at,, Aldi and Giant Eagle.
  • When purchasing online the cardholder is responsible for delivery fees and non-eligible SNAP items.  P-EBT benefits will not cover delivery fees or non-eligible items.
  • For more information about online purchases click here.

Benefit Questions

Who is Eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
- Eligible students will receive a letter from DHHR beginning in March informing families of their benefit.

- Please click here to learn more about eligibility requirements.

How Much Is My Benefit and When Will I Get It?
- The daily benefit is $7.10 a day; however benefits will be issued based on three (3) tiers.  Please click here to learn about the P-EBT benefit amounts.

- There will be three (3) different issuances. Please click here to see the issuance schedule.

Will My Benefits Expire? How Long Do I Have to Use My P-EBT Benefits?
- P-EBT benefits will expire 274 days (9 months) from the date they are issued.
  • i.e., Benefits that are issued in April of 2022 and are not used by January 2023 will be deleted.
How can I Check My Balance?

- You can check your balance by calling 1-866-545-6502, using the FIS Mobile App or by visiting the ebtEDGE Cardholder Portal.


Eligibility Questions

My Child Attends a Private School. Are They Eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
- Only students eligible for free/reduced price meals who attend schools participating in the National School Lunch Program will be eligible for P-EBT benefits.
- To learn if your child's school participates in the National School Lunch Program click here.
My Child is Homeschooled. Are They Eligible for P-EBT Benefits?
- No. Homeschooled children are not eligible for the P-EBT benefit because they do not attend a school participating in the National School Lunch Program. 
Do I Need to Apply to Receive P-EBT Benefits?
- No. Your child will be eligible by attending a Community Eligibility Provisions (CEP) school, being directly certified (receiving a DHHR benefit) or by have applying for free/reduced lunches through the NSLP. 
- If your situation has changed and you need to apply for free/reduced lunches through the NSLP, please click here to visit the West Virginia Department of Educations page regarding the School Cafe online application process.