There are several ways in which you can apply for Medicaid: There are several ways in which you can apply for Medicaid:
- Click here (www.healthcare.gov) to apply online through the Health Insurance Marketplace. If you have questions, you can call the federal call center 24/7 at 1-800-318-2596 or TTY: 1-855-889-4325.
- You may also click here (www.wvpath.org) to apply online for Medicaid and other DHHR programs.
- You may go to your local DHHR office. Click here to find your local office.
- Fill out a paper application (Links below) and send it to your local DHHR office.
- Call the Customer Service Center at 1-877-716-1212 to apply over the phone.
Apply for COVID-19 Testing Coverage
This coverage provides limited services related to the testing and diagnosis of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and outpatient prescription drug treatment. Testing related services do not include services for treatment of COVID-19. For information on how to appy for COVID-19 testing, please click here.
Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs
Application for Health Coverage and Help Paying Costs (Short Form)
Supplement to Application for Health Coverage
Solicitud de Cobertura de Salud y Ayuda para Pagar Los Costos (SLA-1) – En Espaňol
Suplemento a la Solicitud de Cobertura de Salud (SLA-S1) – En Espaňol
If You Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
If you are receiving a check from Supplemental Security Income Program, you are automatically eligible for Medicaid and should receive a medical card from the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
If You DO NOT Receive SSI
If you are not receiving an SSI check, you may apply for Medicaid benefits using any of the options above. Applications are taken weekdays at your local office of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
Most local hospitals and primary care clinics have staff available to assist you in making application.
If, because of a physical handicap or disability, you are unable to go to the local office, you may request a staff person to visit your home and take the application. To request a home visit, call your local office of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources or call the Office of Client Services toll free at (800) 642-8589.