Agency Header

Employer Resource Center


The West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement (BCSE) has designed this website to address questions you may have concerning your role in the child support process. We appreciate your cooperation in this collaborative effort to secure child support payments and medical coverage for children in West Virginia and nationwide. If you have questions about the website, please call the Child Support Employer Relations Unit at 800-249-3778 (or 304-558-4665 in Kanawha County) or email

Employers have four basic responsibilities in the child support operation:

  • Reporting new hires and responding to employment verification requests,
  • Withholding income and premiums for medical insurance,
  • Sending payments to BCSE, and
  • Reporting employment terminations when there are existing orders.

Did you Know?

  • New Hire reporting for independent contractors is the same as for employees... Read more
  • Employers must notify BCSE two weeks prior to issuing employee bonuses... Read more
  • Employers with more than 50 employees must use Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT)... Read more
  • Severance Pay is considered earnings for wage withholding...Read More

Employer Resource Center 

Employer Payments

Click here to make a child support payment.






Check My Payments | Find a Local Office | Contact Us | Site Map
To view Nondiscrimination Policies and Plans, please click here.