Chronic Disease Self-Management Program is a six-week workshop to help people gain skills in dealing with chronic disease.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation,
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance,
- Appropriate use of medications,
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals,
- Decision making, and,
- How to evaluate new treatments
Diabetes Self-Management Program is a 6-week course that provides patients with the knowledge, skills, and motivation to effectively manage their diabetes.
Subjects covered include:
- Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration;
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance;
- Healthy eating
- Appropriate use of medication; and
- Working more effectively with health care providers. Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
National Diabetes Prevention Program is a group-based, structured lifestyle change program to reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes by:
- Losing weight through healthy eating
- Being more physically active
- Learning to recognize and overcome barriers to healthy eating and physical activity.
Healthy-Steps, Moving You to Better Health with the Lebed Method is a therapy, exercise, and movement program with great music, designed to help you thrive! Appropriate for everyone, from young adults to seniors, regardless of health, age or ability level, the Healthy-Steps program improves overall wellness, range-of-motion, balance, strength and endurance, as well as emotional well-being and self-image. Healthy Steps/The Lebed Method is proven to help enhance the well-being of those with cancer or other chronic illnesses or medical conditions.
Tai Chi is an ancient practice proven to reduce pain and improve your mental and physical well-being.
The Arthritis Foundation Tai Chi Program uses gentle Sun-style Tai Chi routines that are safe, easy to learn and suitable for every fitness level.
The Arthritis Foundation Aquatic Program is a warm-water exercise program shown to reduce pain and improve overall health.
Suitable for every fitness level, the classes are held in a friendly and supportive environment that encourages social interaction among participants.
The Arthritis Foundation Exercise Program is a low-impact physical activity program proven to reduce pain and decrease stiffness.
The routines include gentle range-of-motion exercises that are suitable for every fitness level.
Farmers’ Markets and other venues offering fresh fruits and vegetables.
Find walking, hiking and biking trails along with other venues to be physically active in your community.