Welcome to the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
[Haz clic aquí para leer en español]
Our new online application is available to anyone who wishes to apply for services for a child(ren) in their care or for a parent who may pay support. There is no fee for Child Support services. You must have a valid email address to use the online application. Paper applications are also available for printing below and at your local Child Support Office.
The WV BCSE offers a variety of services to help you to secure support from the parent(s) of the child. Some of the services available through the WV BCSE are:
- Locating the parent(s)
- Legally establishing paternity
- Establishing child support, establishing medical support and/or health insurance coverage
- Collecting support payments
- Enforcing a court order
- Reviewing and modifying the court order
To use the Online Application, you must have a valid email address and select a password of at least 8 characters, including one capitol letter and one number. Save this information in case you need to return to your application to complete it. After the application has been submitted, changes to the information must be made with your case worker.
Please note, that in order to use this online application you must have a Social Security Number and the number of children on the application cannot exceed six. If you do not have a Social Security Number, or if you have more than six children, please download and complete the paper application.
Online Application Process
- You will be notified by email once your online application has been processed.
- Please be prepared to verify certain information in order for your case to be processed. Failure to provide copies of these documents could delay the processing of your case.
Paper Application Espanol
- If you do not have an email address or access to a computer, you may complete a paper application. Complete the application, read your Rights and Responsibilities, and then sign and date the application.
- Give your application to the nearest Child Support Office. A worker may call you for more information.
- Should you have further questions you may contact your local office or BCSE Customer Service Unit at 1-800-249-3778.
Find Local Office
Frequently Asked Questions: Applying for Child Support Benefits