If you are interested in potentially becoming a Family Child Care Frovider,caring for up to 6 (six) children in your home, you will need to take the Family Child Care Orientation course. This course is offered free to individuals that wish to become a Family Child Care Provider. This course is offered online via Blackboard. The instructions for accessing Blackboard are listed below. Welcome to the first step in becoming a Family Child Care Provider.
In order to use this online course effectively your device will need to meet the following requirements:
- A live internet connection. Access to the Internet using a telephone connection, DSL or cable connection.
- A monitor capable of displaying information at least 800x600 pixels. For best performance access Blackboard 9.1 using 1024x768 resolution or higher.
- If you have a Windows PC, use the Microsoft Internet Explorer (8.0 or higher) or Firefox.
- Mac users can use the Safari web browser.
- No proprietary software is required for use in this online class. All downloads are PDF and require Adobe Reader. Required plugins: Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player and Quicktime Player.
- Blackboard runs on Java- so make sure you have Java installed on your computer.
If you are planning on using your moblie device, you will need to download the Blackboard app from the app store.
Once you have your computer or mobile device ready, you may access the Family Child Care Orientation by clicking here.
Once on the Blackboard site, you will use the following information to login to access the course:
Password Hint: Passwords are case sensitive. that means "ABCD" (all capital letters is not the same as "abcd" (all lowercase letters).
More information on Family Child Care can be found by following the link below.
Family Child Care Regulatory Requirements