WV STATE CODE: CHAPTER 49. CHILD WELFARE
Article 2B. Duties of Secretary of Health and Human Resources for Child Welfare
Child Care Centers
Title 78, Legislative Rules, DHHR, Series 1, Child Care Center Licensing Regulations
Request to Amend a License
Child Care Center Emergency/Disaster Planning Form
OUT-OF-SCHOOL TIME CHILD CARE CENTERS
ALL Out-of-School Time programs must register with the Department of Health and Human Resources.
Please complete the registration form and follow the instructions for submitting to the Department.
In addition to registration, your Out-of-School Time program may be required to apply for a license. Please carefully review the legislative rule below for requirements:
Title 78, Legislative Rules, DHHR Series 21, Out-of-School Time Child Care Center Licensing Requirements
CHILD CARE FACILITIES
Title 78, Legislative Rules, DHHR, Series 18, Family Child Care Facility Licensing Requirements
Family Child Care Facility Emergency/Disaster Planning Form
FAMILY CHILD CARE HOMES
Title 78, Legislative Rules, DHHR, Series 19, Family Child Care Home Registration Requirements
Family Child Care Home Emergency/Disaster Planning Form
INFORMAL AND RELATIVE FAMILY CHILD CARE HOME REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Title 78, Legislative Rules, DHHR, Series 20, Informal and Relative Family Child Care Home Registration Requirements
SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDE FOR CHILD CARE REGULATIONS
2016 CCC Licensing Supplement Guide_090116.pdf
Approved Sources of Infant/Toddler Training For Licensed Child Care Centers
- R&R One Step at a Time or the WVIT Professional Development Training Program
- Completion of the first two semesters of ACDS for those currently enrolled or ACDS completed during 2004.
- Trainer is certified in the subject/field (verify credentials) offering training comparable to the content in WVIT
- If the caregiver takes a college course in the subject from an accredited college or university or distance education class.
- If the syllabus of a vocational class from which the caregiver received a certificate is submitted to the Division and approved.
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Higher Education;
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education;
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Technical and Career Institutions;
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission;
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement, Board of Trustees;
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities;
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges;
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges;
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Schools;
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities.
- Distance Education and Training Council
- Any accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation